2013年9月17日星期二

What are some good ways of annoying Chinese people?

It is a question on Quora ..http://www.quora.com/Chinese-Culture/What-are-some-good-ways-of-annoying-Chinese-people

I read through the answers without feeling angry.
Actually, I laughed much..
Especially this one.. (Thanks to Tolga Yilmaz)

Since I came here, I can feel that some people do have some negative feelings with China. 
To be honest, I was annoyed once.
At a party, I was trying to play a Chinese song but a guy refused firmly. I had tears in my eyes! (I know I'm toooo sensitive.)

Back in China, we are always making fun of ourselves.
As soon as the golden iPhone 5S came out, we started to joke that Apple do understand the Chinese market. The golden ones are for the China's nouveau-riche!

As I wrote before, we joked about the VISA-free countries. To travel the VISA-free countries of China are more like an expedition than a trip!

Every time when people ask me about the press freedom in China, I just admit it. And I shared the story happened in my visa interview.
The interviewing officer asked me if I wanna be a journalist in China. I thought for one second.
I was told it was better not to show any intent of immigrant, so I nodded and answered firmly "YES!"
He tried to hide his surprise but failed...

Actually, on SINA Weibo, Chinese version of Twitter, you can find a lot of interesting posts making fun of ourselves.


But it still depends.

If you talk to ole people in their 60s or older that Mao is a bad person, they would definitely be mad at you. 
Communist party's propaganda is successful. They feel without Mao they cannot have a good life now.

If you talk about the Senkaku Islands, you'll easily annoy some people. There's a couple divorced because of the different opinions about the belonging of Senkaku Islands. I mean it.

For everyone, motherland is a country that you can say anything bad about it but don't want other people say any bad words.

I always talk about the dark sides in China. But it is the kind of Sorrow Blame.
For me, it's totally fine to talk about negative things about China since they do happen.

Every exchange student is an ambassador to some extent. So I'll try my best to be a better Chinese!

But, please, don't tell me I'm fatter. I would be annoyed as much as I can.:)



没有评论:

发表评论