2013年9月6日星期五

Everyone's FOOTBALL Game.

Before I came here, I already knew that in Oklahoma, everyone was crazy about Football.
BUT
I didn't imagine it was this crazy!!

Last Thursday afternoon, my roommate told me I could buy a ticket for Saturday.
To be honest, I knew nothing.
All I knew was this football was played by hands. And all the players were huge.(I'm sorry about the "huge")

But since it was the first game so at least the opening would be great.
I bought the ticket and it was not that expensive.

When I bought the ticket, a man was getting his ticket, OU vs Texas I believed.
He took out many tickets from the pocket, and kept saying I went to the game 2005,2006,2007 and ....(I didn't remember them all..)
He talked at least 2 minutes about his tickets.
I was thinking, "Oh man, he is soo crazy fan!!"


After talking about the game several days, Saturday was coming!

Saturday morning, I went to the gym at 10. I was so curious why there were so many families. They brought some tents and some food and had a picnic!
I mean at 10 in the morning!

I took a shower and met my friends at 2:30 p.m.. Taking a shower before this can never be a good idea.

We walked through the Asp Avenue and found a lot of families were having picnics.
Everyone wore a red shirt. Many girls wore red or white dresses with brown boots.(I'm not sure about the boots. It's a tradition I thought)


When we walked near to the Memorial Stadium, we were influenced by the atmosphere! 
First, we were caught by a white tent. Free food!! I had to say the cookies were soo amazing!

We talked and looked around.

Suddenly the horses and some guys showed up. I'm sorry I didn't catch their faces but only backs.

After we finished the food, we walked to another side.
All of the tents were full of people. Some people were BBQ, some were playing games.


At 5 p.m.,people began to walk into the stadium.
Somehow, a friend told us we had to find the specific places for student tickets. So we walked a lot. 
First time I walked upstairs and saw the whole stadium.

Even I am a Chinese, I was shocked. 
A sentence almost every foreigner would say when they first come to China,"So many PEOPLE".
I mean it.


We were not that lucky that we finally went to the south side. I was totally sweat maybe 2 minutes after I stood there.

The opening was so awesome. Several girls standing behind me screming the whole time!
"Boomer!Sooner!" 
At that moment, I felt I was a part of the OU and Oklahoma. 


After the opening, the game started. Actually, I didn't even notice the game started.
Many players ran before on the field before that and suddenly it started.

But luckily, there's a lot of huge fans. Every time they yelled and shouted, I was like "OMG, what happened? Whatever, I should yell too."
Then you'll see I was excited and shouted, though every time I was 2 seconds later than others.

The burning sun baked the stadium and I was totally melted. 
I left the stadium before the game ended. 


I didn't buy the ticket of tomorrow's game. But I will go to the stadium earlier with my friends.
The pre-game parties are awesome!


BTW, I love racquetball!








2 条评论:

  1. I love your description of the football craziness. I went to Kansas State, and my wife went to OU. Once, we attended an OU-K-State game in Norman, and the final score was 70-7 (OU won).
    It is something you probably should do at least once in your life.

    回复删除