2013年9月2日星期一

-Freshman 15&Having lunch with my host family!

I went to the gym the other day and the worst thing happened.
I gained weight!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! 

I hate Freshman 15.

----------------------------------


The main food I ate in the past 20 days were pizza. I have to say they were delicious but only pizza cannot be good.
In the first class of Feature Writing, we were asked to interview each other and write a classmate bio.
When my partner sincerely told me her favorite food were pizza and hamburger, I was shocked.
How can it work?! Only pizza and hamburger?


Noon yesterday, I finally met my host family. They also invited a Chinese couple. We, 7 people, went to a Chinese restaurant.

It's my first time to have a meal with the American people in a Chinese restaurant!
Everyone got a menu.

My host family, they have been learning Chinese for 1 year. So we discussed about the dishes "Ants on the tree" and "Couple's lung slice".
Don't be afraid, you know Chinese won't eat ants and human beings!

When we ordered, everyone asked one. I was the last one.
It is a Sichuan restaurant. One of the most famous Sichuan Cuisine is boiled fish.
So I ordered one. And I know it would be huge.
We talked and had some egg drop soup.
10 minutes later, we began to eat.

And I didn't realize I was having lunch with Americans until my host father Shane asked me "Simeng, will you eat all the fish?"

"What?" I thought about 3 seconds. And I decided to tell the truth.
"I thought we would share the food. Everyone can taste different food!"

In China, if we go out for a dinner, someone will order all the dishes. (My father is the some one usually)
The safest quantity of dishes is the number of people plus one. For example, 5 people will order 6 dishes.

Luckily, at last, everyone shared! 
I don't need to eat all the fishes, though I love them!

I found I was bad at using chopsticks! Though in China, I was not good at using it compared to my friends. 
I need practice but I still didn't find chopsticks in Walmart.:(


My friends were more interested in who paid the bill than the food.
To be honest, I had no idea. So I decided to wait when we finished the meal.

There was only one bill. The Chinese couple asked for Dutch payment, but my host daddy said "Let's do it in Chinese way".:)

Thank you for the food!!!

Lucky me!! 







6 条评论:

  1. Did you eat at Sichuan Bistro in OKC? That is my favorite Chinese restaurant.

    回复删除
    回复
    1. Nope.. We had lunch in a restaurant called Bashu..

      删除
  2. Fun blog post! It's interesting to view America through your eyes.
    P.S. I love Couple Lung Slice!

    回复删除
    回复
    1. hahahaha I was shocked by the name at first...

      Thank you for your comment!!!

      删除
  3. Hello!
    Fun reading!
    Suggestion: if you can post some pictures that will be awesome

    回复删除