2013年8月25日星期日

Everything before OU(2)

Next morning, I waited until 6:10. I was wondering why there were still no broadcast to inform me to get on the plane.
I went to the bathroom to wash my face again. After I getting out of the bathroom, I heard there’s a voice calling my name. I was even not sure whether it is my name because the pronunciation. I went to a reception desk. Oh my, everyone on that plane was waiting for me!!! I feel so sorry and ran to the gate.

I said sorry to a man and he was just like the Earl in 2 Broken Girls. Also, he sounds like singing when he is talking. Definitely, I can’t understand him.

Ten minutes later, the plane started flying to Denver.
It is my first time taking Ameican Airplane. I chose Southwestern because it allows two luggages. 

Though I didn’t sleep last night, somehow, I still cannot fall into a sleep. I read and looked outside.
When the plane was going to land, I was shocked by the huge land and few houses!!!

I was used to see many houses and people within a small area. It’s a waste of land!!!
It’s America, I kept talking to myself. From the plane, I could totally understand why Americans need cars. (BTW, life without a car is really difficult here.)

Landing at Denver Airport, I felt so nervous about the time.
I was still not familiar with the time difference within a country. China is big but we still use one time zone. But Los Angeles, Denver and OKC use different time.
Somehow, my iPad could not figure out the time by itself. So I was extremely nervous after I almost miss my plane LAX.
I ran to the gate and thank God there were still people waiting. I kept looking at people waiting there.
A lady sitting next to me was making a phone call to say goodbye. A young couple with a little baby, they kissed!
If it was in China, it would be really weird to kiss in public. Every time when I saw someone kissing on the road, in campus, I always wanted to say “Please stop and find somewhere privately”.
But somehow, this time I even could feel their happiness.
Then people started to wait in line to get aboard. I’m not sure when should I go so I just wait.

Again, no fixed seating. I sat next to a nice lady. I mean I could tell she is nice just the first few seconds we met. We said hello to each other then we stopped.
Usually I will keep silence but that day I didn’t.

Maybe it was because I come to a new country so I want to change too.
To be honest, I was a little bit upset before that because I found I could not understand what other people’s words. Every time, I had to say “what?”, ”Sorry?” or just looked at them. I even doubt whether I could survive especially when I failed to make phone calls.

I encouraged myself for at least 5 minutes and then I started to talk. Not too surprise, the lady is so nice. Her name is Alexis, she just lives in Norman, where OU is.
She even said my English was good after keeping repeating simple things. We had a nice talk and the plane was going to land again.

We were supposed to say goodbye and would never meet again. But I just did something crazy for me. I asked if I could have her email address. I just wanted to thank her at that moment.
So, we changed email address and said goodbye.  For now, I feel so lucky that I did this kind of crazy thing!

We exchange students have a Facebook group. A few days before I leaving, I got to know I can share a shuttle with some girls. I had no idea who they are and can’t even remember their names.
Luckily, after I got my two big luggages, a hot and beautiful girl came and we met each other!

During the half hour journey, I already fell in love with the city. All the buildings are cute. They are all special and not tall.
Every city in China has lots of high buildings. You cannot even tell which the city is if you don’t see the name. Every building looks same.

Sharing a shuttle, we arrived at OU finally. In that half hour, we had already become good friends.

I am soooo lucky!

没有评论:

发表评论