2013年8月22日星期四

Everything before OU.(1)

Last November, one day, I got a news that there’s one student could get a chance to be an exchange student in University of Oklahoma.
I didn’t take it really seriously and just want to have a try. I always love new things.
I went to an interview and all the teachers in my college sat there. I answered a lot of questions with my ChinglishJ. Next day, I got to know I succeeded!

A few days before I am leaving, my mom said she Won’t go to the airport with me. I was about to say “NO”, then she said she would cry if she goes. At that moment, I just want to hug her.
My father drove me to the airport after I hugging my mom.
On our way to the airport, somehow, I felt so conflict. Excited, a little bit afraid, looking forward to a whole new life.
My dad left until I walked across the Custom.
We even HUG!!! It was my first time to hug my father. At that moment, I thought no matter what would happen next year, it worth!

After 8 month wait and 13 hour flight, I arrived at Los Anglos Airport. Going through the customs, I was exhausted but smiled.
A totally different country, a country I’ve seen from TV and dramas, I can see it by myself!

Without a phone (I lost mine three days before I coming here L) and no phone card, I had to get some coins to call my parents. I travelled the LAX again and again for at least 2 hours and kept encouraging myself to talk to people to change coins.

BUT
It seems no American has coins, even for one dollar!!! At last, before the exchange closed, I got two dollars.(But now, after 10 days here, I have no coins with me neither!)

The pay phones are different from ones in my country. I didn’t find any instructions so I just pulled into money and began dialed. According to my experience, I dialed 86, which is the Chinese code and my mom’s phone number. I was so happy that I could talk to my parents.

BUT
Nothing happened. There was no sound and no money back. Thank god, I still had one dollar.

I found the instruction this time. I pulled the money and dialed as I was told. This time, I was even smiling! I wanted to say HELLO and I MISS YOU to my parents.

There was sound!
“Mom?”
“Sorry, the phone you are calling is busy now. You can try it later.”
“…….”

And the most upset thing was no money back again!
I hung up the phone, stand against the phone, almost crying.

After that, I sat in the airport for whole Night with my two big luggages and my computer bag. A problem came. I wanted to go bathroom.
I am not sure but pushing the luggage cart into bathroom looks ridiculous I believe.
I fought with myself for two minutes, then I talked to a man sitting next to see to ask him to keep an eye on my things.
Not so surprising, he said yes.
I was happy that people can trust each other!! Of cause, I was so happy that I can go bathroom without being rediculous!
To be honest I may not do this in China, leaving all my things to a total stranger.


Wow, I began to love this country.

没有评论:

发表评论