2013年8月27日星期二

Answer to "the most unexpected/shocking/baffling things"(1)

Stayed in U.S. and talked to many friends from the whole world, I am really shocked by the culture shock!

Then I read the question and answers on Quora.

Just write the things come to my mind.

1 Lots of people use umbrellas in summer days!

When I was packing my luggage, I googled everything! From should I bring many clothes to should I take an umbrella!
When you wondering on the street in China, you’ll find almost every girl holds a sunshade (not sure about the name..) (To be honest, I am one of them!)
When I search on the internet, I read that it would be really stupid to hold a sunshade. So I had to say goodbye to my sunshade.
One day, my friends and I missed the bus so we had to walk for nearly 40 minutes at 2 P.M. I was totally burned by the sunshine. During the long walk, I hid under every shade I found. Trees, buildings, even traffic lights!
My friends, a boy from Spain and a girl from Bolivia. They could not understand me at all.
The boy from Spain kept saying “We are going to be more beautiful”, “Wearing a shirt now is a waste of sunshine!” and things like that.
For now, after two weeks, I’m kind of used to walking under the sunshine. I am not that crazy to chase after the shades. One of the reasons is I am much tannic now..:(
In China, girls are more beautiful if she had whiter skin and a slimmer figure.
So almost everyone girl wants to be whiter and slimmer. Sunblock and sunshade are girl’s best friends in summer days.
But things are weird because a few girls will go gym or do sports but a lot of girls choose to eat less or nothing to become slimmer.
When you walking through the equipment area, you can seldom see a girl. Thinking it would get muscle, Girls are afraid of sports. Yoga maybe the favorite one.

During last half month, I feel freer. Not because my parents are far away from me, but I feel people are not that pay attention to your clothes, your skin color, and your figure.
(I know I should control myself not to eat too much and go gym a lot.. Or I’ll be much fatter..)
My friends told me “you can choose to not be a Chinese in a year”. Wow, this is difficult but good idea!


2 The public toilet is a mess…

There’s a joke in China. When CCTV, China’s state TV station, reported something negative about KFC and MacDonald in China, the public didn’t take it seriously. On the opposite, people said “Come on.. KFC and MacDonald provide so many best public toilets in China, they should be honored!!”
When I travelled in Thailand, I had a nice talk with a guy from Chiangmai. He asked me why there’s no clean public toilet in China. At that moment, I didn’t know how to answer, “maybe because public toilet cannot earn money”.
I seldom went to public toilets in China or I just found one in a shopping mall and KFC, MacDonald of course. And there’s no toilet paper in most public toilet. So I used to bring tissues with me.

So when you are in China, please don’t drink too much when you are outside or when you are far from KFC and MacDonald. J
And bring tissues with you!

3 People, so many people…

A student media in my college once interviewed two American teachers, asking them the first impression of China. “Too many people”, they both said.
Now, I can really understand this, especially when I now live in Norman, Oklahoma.

My home university is in Xi’an, one of the oldest cities in China. On weekends, when you walk on the street, you’ll easily touch other people since there are too many. On the bus, no matter how late it is, there’s always lots of people. You can stand without holding anything. On summer days, it would be a nightmare.

My Colombia roommate saw a photo on the Internet. The photo was about China’s Metro. There were lots of people and some policemen were pushing people and helping them get onto the metro. She asked me whether it was true. My first reaction was “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA”…
It was true but not common, or the photo won’t be so famous.

But you have to wait, waiting for everything.

To be continued.



没有评论:

发表评论