2014年5月23日星期五

Things that I need to get used to again in China


After nine months exchange student life in States, I come back China for the Summer.
Though only left for nine months, things started to become different for me.

1. Time Difference
Before States, the farthest place I've ever been to was Dubai, which is four hours difference from China.
This time, the 13 hours time difference is killing me.
After 6 p.m., I started to feel sleepy. Everything looks darker, and my brain stops working.
I couldn't sleep at night, waking up before 5 a.m. with every night intense and horrible dreams.
Hope I can get use to the Beijing Time soon!

2. The Volume
For the first time, I felt it was kinda annoying when I had dinner with my big family.
Somehow, we like to talk in higher volume and all talk at the same time. I chose to remain in silence because I felt sleepy at the dinner time.
It is the same feeling when I am the only person in sober. All the drunk people look so ridiculous!



3. Smoking!
Maybe because my father doesn't smoke, nor any close relatives, I extremely hate the smoking.
Especially in my hometown, not like Beijing, Shanghai, people still use to smoke anywhere they like, including restaurants.
So time to time, I have to eat with the smoking from the next table!

4. Umbrellas
When I arrived in Xi'an, it was a sunny day. Looking at the pedestrians, I felt a little bit weird.
Finally, I realized it was the umbrellas!

Almost every girl was holding an umbrella to block the sun! I used to do the same thing.


5. As a pedestrian
Still have no car to drive, I need to walk and walk through the busy roads, which is much harder.
Facing a busy road, if you expect the cars will stop and wait for you, you cannot cross any roads.
The right way is to be brave and start walking. Look left and look right. Be swift!

6. Comments.
No matter if he knows you or not, everyone likes to make comments.
From your body, your face, your hair, your cloths to your reactions. EVERYTHING!
And we are mean. We don't care if the person is glad to hear that or not. I got painful comments all the time, which makes me don't wanna talk more.

7. FOOD.
The best thing to get back to is the food!

1 条评论:

  1. Glad you made it back safe. Keep writing and stay positive.

    回复删除